The Indian business visa enables the holder to engage in business operations while in India. The e-Business visa for India is a double-entry visa that allows for a total stay of 180 days, beginning with the date of the first admission into the country.
One of the three categories of e-Visas for India that were introduced on April 1, 2017, was the business visa. The application window for the electronic visa system has been extended from 30 to 120 days, allowing foreign travelers to apply up to 120 days prior to their anticipated arrival in India.
However, business travelers are advised to apply for their business visa at least four days before their trip. In most circumstances, applications are handled within four days, but in other instances, visa processing may require a few additional days. After approval, the validity period is one year.
How does the eBusiness visa function?
Before submitting an application, travelers desiring an e-Business visa for India must be aware of the following.
- The e-Business visa for India is valid for 180 days beginning on the date of arrival.
- The e-Business visa allows for two entries.
- This visa is non-extendable and non-convertible.
- Individuals are limited to two e-Visa applications per calendar year.
- Applicants must have sufficient funds to support their stay in India.
- During their stay, visitors are required to carry a copy of their approved business e-Visa India authorization at all times.
- When applying for an e-Business visa, visitors must have a round-trip or onward ticket.
- All applicants must possess a valid passport, regardless of age.
- The e-Business visa is invalid and cannot be used to enter restricted or cantonment areas.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least six months upon entry into India. There must be at least two blank pages in the
- passport in order for immigration and border control officials to place the entry and exit stamps.
- Applicants holding International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports are not eligible to apply for an e-Business visa in India.
It is essential to note that there are additional e-Business Visa documentation requirements for obtaining the urgent India visa. These prerequisites are:
- Business Card, the simplest option, or a Business Letter
- Answer specific questions about the sending and receiving companies.
What you can do with a Business Visa for India
The eBusiness Visa for India is an online electronic travel authorization for business-related travel to India. The India business visa is a double-entry visa with a 180-day maximum stay.
The e-Business may be utilized for any of the following purposes:
- For purchase/sale or trade.
- To attend business and technical meetings.
- To establish an industrial/business enterprise.
- To organize tours.
- To present a lecture(s) as part of the Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN).
- To recruit personnel.
- To participate in trade shows and exhibitions.
- Expert/specialist in relation to a current project.
How long can you stay in India on an e-business visa?
The e-Business visa for India is a double-entry visa that permits a total stay of up to 180 days from the date of the first entry into the country. Citizens who qualify can obtain a maximum of two e-Visas per year.
If your stay in India will exceed 180 days, you may be required to apply for a consular visa. E-Visa extensions for India are not possible.
A visa holder for eBusiness must arrive at one of the 28 designated airports or five designated seaports. The authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPS) in India from which E-Business visa holders may depart the country.
If you must enter India via land or a port of entry that is not on the list of e-Visa ports, you must obtain a visa at an embassy or consulate.