Before anything else, you should know that all documents must be written in the English language. Documents in any other language will be rejected without any notice.
If you are applying for a tourist visa, then you should check the Indian visa policy for tourists.
Documents Required To Get Indian Visa
- Valid for at least six months from the date of anticipated arrival in India.
- At least two blank pages for the Immigration Officer to stamp
- scanned passport bio page with photo and information
2 photographs (passport size)
- Without borders, in JPEG format, with a minimum of 10 KB and a maximum of 300 KB, and a plain white or light-colored background
- The Head should be centered within the frame and measure between 1 and 1 3/8 inches or 25 to 35 mm in frontal view with full face and eyes open.
- Eye height should range from 1 1/8 to 1/3 inch, with a full head from the top of hair to the bottom of the chin and no shadows on the background’s face.
- After your stay in India, purchase a return or forward ticket to another location.
- Proof of having enough money to spend in India
- Application form completed
Steps to Obtaining an Indian Visa
- Gather all of the necessary paperwork.
- Complete the online application form.
- To apply for a visa, go to the official Indian website. Choose your country, the embassy or consulate where your application will be submitted, and your nationality. Enter your date of birth, your email address, re-enter your email address, your expected date of arrival in India, the type of visa you want, and the purpose of your visit, then click Continue.
- Before completing the application form online, fill out the form in English, upload your photo, and review the details on the summary page. The online application form must be printed and signed after it has been completed and submitted. Applicants must keep track of the Application ID, which is produced automatically once they submit their application.
Make an appointment for an Indian visa
- The applicant will be asked whether they want to set an appointment and pay for their visa online, or if they merely want to print the application form, submit it with the supporting documents, and pay at the Indian Mission.
- Those who desire to pay by credit card online will be routed to another page where they can choose their chosen day and time of appointment at the Indian Mission of their choice, as well as calculate all fees associated with the visa application.
- Those who want to pay at the Indian Mission or the VAC can simply arrange an appointment for an Indian visa.
Fill Visa Application and Pay the Fee
- The visa application fee must be paid.
- Fill up and submit the Indian visa application.
Submit the application form, supporting documentation, and application fee to the Indian Mission (applicable only to individuals who did not pay online). The Indian Mission or the VAC will inform applicants whether their visa application was successful or not. Applicants will be informed whether they must pick up their visa at the Indian Mission or the VAC or arrange for it to be mailed to them.
Note that not all Indian missions accept electronic payments. Applicants should submit their applications, together with supporting papers, to the Mission or the VAC (Visa Application Center) and pay the application fee there if it is not available.
Visa Fees in India
The visa application fee is determined by the kind and duration of the visa. There may also be additional charges. The applicant will be able to view the basic charge at the end of the registration process.
That is, however, not the final fee that will be charged at the appropriate counter. Note that regardless of the outcome of the visa application, all fees are non-refundable.
When Should I Apply
Applicants should apply for an eVisa at least four days prior to their anticipated trip date.
Where Should I Apply?
Online applications for Indian visas are available on the official website. The completed application form must be printed after being submitted online and submitted to the Indian Mission or VAC with the supporting documents and passport.
Here you can check whether you should apply for an Indian visa online or apply through the agency.
Visa Processing Time in India
An Indian visa application requires at least three business days to be processed. However, there are some instances when processing may take longer.
A longer processing time is required for a 5 year Indian visa application.
Visa petitions that have been approved
Applicants will be informed whether they must pick up their visa at the Indian Mission or the VAC or arrange for it to be mailed to them.